Construction Manager - Nashville, TN
Holladay Properties is currently seeking an Owners Representative/Construction Project Manager with hands-on experience managing commercial construction projects. This individual will be a key member of a nimble and entrepreneurial development team, taking point in collaborating with contractors in the development of project scopes, reviewing price proposals for accuracy, and overseeing work in the field through completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Functions as the Construction Manager supervising the performance of construction and maintaining schedules and budgets for multiple projects.
- Experience in project management software i.e New Forma, Procore, Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.
- Manage and evaluate contractor performance
- Provide official project status documentation and reports
- Conduct technical reviews and evaluate project solicitations, proposals, quotes and proposed change requests
- Evaluate project drawings and schedules
- Ensure that procedures and materials comply with plans, specs, and approved submittals
- Track and follow up on RFI's
- Prepare punch lists and monitor completion
- Work to secure Certifications of Occupancy
- Ensure that the scope of the project, outside forces affecting the project and any project deliverables are fully understood
- Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation
- Develop a detailed project budget based on historical and market data, and a clearly defined set of budget assumptions
- Facilitate project kick-off meetings with internal staff and key stakeholders to ensure responsibilities are communicated and understood by all
- Oversee the work of vendors and project team members to ensure compliance with contract and Holladay expectations
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk
- Ensure accurate management of all accounts receivables
- Prepare and negotiate AIA contracts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in architecture, engineering, construction management or other technical and/or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as/with a General Contractor
- PMP or similar certification preferred
- Experience in commercial or industrial related construction projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and an ability to communicate well at all organizational levels
- Thorough understanding and commitment to sound project management techniques
- High level analytical skills and problem solving capabilities, and the ability to effectively manage several projects in development and in the field simultaneously
- Ability to visit a project site and quickly identify errors and omissions and review those effectively with onsite contractors
- Must have a demonstrated ability to push schedules, identify and resolve constructability issues (impediments to schedule), and scrutinize and negotiate change orders as the Owners Representative
- Ability to generate / forecast construction schedules
- Cost estimating skills are desirable
- Valid Driver’s License and clear Motor Vehicle Report
Employees with more than twelve months of service may request consideration to transfer to other jobs as vacancies become available and will be considered along with other applicants. To be considered, employees must have a satisfactory performance record and have no disciplinary actions during the last 12 months. Management retains the discretion to make exceptions to the policy.
This description is not all inclusive and duties will vary depending on assigned portfolio.
Please send resumes to Erin Van Mol email@example.com