From the Holladay Health Corner
We all know that stress isn’t good for your emotional or physical well-being. But, if you’re like most employees now-a-days, you’re taking on more and more responsibilities with little to no increase in pay, respect, etc., which can be a major source of stress, both at work and away. Since most employers, especially those at Holladay, don’t want their staff having nervous breakdowns because of work, finding ways to stress less is key. So, grab your stress ball and follow these seven ways to help decrease your stress level at work (or anywhere you happen to be).
- Take care of yourself — be active and healthy, it will have an amazing affect on your emotional and physical well-being. Don’t be afraid to seek professional help if you need it.
- Focus more on things you can control — when it feels like everything is out of control, concentrate on what you can do and let the other concerns melt away for a while.
- Think of what’s good about your job — Make a list of the things you like about your job to help you get through the days the make you want to scream or cry.
- Just breathe — take 5 minutes and focus on breathing, you’ll be amazed how much more relaxed you feel.
- Spend time with people who make you feel good — the people at work can have a huge impact on the quality of your work day; spend time with people you like and who offer support when you need it.
- Declutter your desk — working in a messy or cluttered work area can make your work day feel chaotic and hectic but a clean desk can have a positive effect on your outlook.
- Laugh out loud each day — laughter really is the best medicine!